I'm Taking Over the Blog

The Take-Over

This blog has been abandoned by the original author because she just finds it too difficult to write about many of the things that have happened to her over the years. While this is a shame, I thought I might take over and write about my concerns.

Before we start, I need to make it clear that I have no problems at all with my own mother. She's great, I'm very lucky to have always had somebody so supportive, intelligent and reasonable in all things. It's only later in life that I realise how special it is to have somebody like that for a mother. So which mother do I want to talk about?

So What's it all About?

It's my Ex-Wife,.. I'm glad to be rid of her, but my children have to cope with her on a daily basis. She has custody of my two youngest sons, and uses every means she can to keep a tight control on them, restricting my access to them and giving me no say in their upbringing. My oldest son (who was 16 when we split) now lives with me because he can't deal with the way she was treating him, but she still uses emotional blackmail on him, and she does it behind my back. The younger two are lied to, manipulated, and forced to live a restricted life.

You're probably thinking it sounds like sour grapes, I don't have the access to my own children like I used to have, and I should just suck it up. But when you have to listen to your old children crying because they don't want to go home, it hurts. Something is very wrong and right now there's very little I can do about it.

Hopefully over the next few blogs I will start to discuss some of the issues and see how this relates to wider research I've made to try and understand what's going on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narcissism - Maybe it's Not Always Obvious

Favouritism - (Part 2) The Long Term Impact

Vulnerabilities of the Empathic